Yaletown is included on a few different city tours, including hop-on hop-off, bike, and boat tours. Opt for a private tour if you want to make sure Yaletown is part of your itinerary. Otherwise, it’s easy to visit on your own during a day of sightseeing around the city center. There are plenty of shops and eateries to check out as you admire the historical architecture and views along the waterfront in David Lam Park.
Things to know before you go
- Yaletown is ideal for those who like to eat out, discover independent shops, and experience urban reinvention in a big city.
- The area is roughly bordered by Nelson Street, Homer Street, Drake Street, Pacific Boulevard, and the waterfront along False Creek.
- Most bars and restaurants are centered around Hamilton and Mainland streets.
How to get there
Sitting south of downtown, Yaletown can be reached via subway at the Yaletown-Roundhouse Station, as well as city buses, ferries, and bike-share programs. It is walkable from downtown and Gastown.
When to get there
It’s a lively area both day and night, but those looking for the most festive atmosphere will want to head there for dinner and drinks. Outdoor events such as festivals and concerts often take place during the summer, while sporting events and big-name concerts are held at nearby BC Place and Rogers Arena.
Yaletown’s history as an industrial district and the end of the Canadian-Pacific Railway is hard to imagine these days, but you can find one of the train line’s most historic steam locomotives at the 374 Engine Pavilion. See for yourself the engine that pulled the first passenger train in 1887, transporting 150 passengers to Vancouver all the way from the country’s east coast.
- BC Place Stadium
- Library Square
- False Creek
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Bill Reid Gallery
- Downtown Vancouver
- Robson Street
- Vancouver Olympic Village (VVL)
- Granville Island
- Vancouver Lookout
- Science World at TELUS World of Science
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Vancouver Chinatown
- Vancouver Olympic Cauldron
- Two Days in Vancouver
- Vancouver to VIctoria Tours
- Whale Watching in Vancouver
- Whitsler Tours from Vancouver
- Food Truck Dining in Vancouver
- Vancouver Cruises and Water Tours
- Art Lover’s Guide to Vancouver
- Must-See Museums in Vancouver
- How to Spend 2 Days in Vancouver
- Whistler Tours from Vancouver
- Vancouver Neighborhood Guide
- Food Lover's Guide to Vancouver
- Romantic Things to Do in Vancouver