Spread across 30 acres (12 hectares), Adventure Island features all the usual water attractions you’d expect from a modern water park. Relax in the wave pool, lazy river, or lagoon; take little kids to Splash Attack or Fabian’s Fun Port; or enjoy more than 10 waterslides, including Caribbean Corkscrew, Runaway Rapids, and Water Moccasin.
Tickets can be purchased online in advance so you don’t have to wait in line. Combination ticket options are available for those planning to visit other Florida attractions such as SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
Things to know before you go
- Upgrades such as private cabanas, priority access to the rides, and dining wristbands are available.
- Several restaurants and cafés offer lunch and snack options, from tacos and salad to grilled steak and BBQ pork sandwiches.
- Lockers are available to rent.
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited (except water).
- Wheelchairs are available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Every ride has its own physical restrictions and requirements. Many of the pool and lazy river areas are wheelchair accessible via a ramp.
How to get there
Adventure Island is located on McKinley Drive, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) north of downtown Tampa. Traveling by car is the quickest but you can get there on public transportation via the number 5 bus. Parking is available for a fee.
When to get there
The park is open seasonally from March to October; days of the week and hours vary depending on the month, so check the park’s website before you go. Adventure Island is busiest during the summer (when schools are out) and on weekends, and the park will close when it reaches maximum capacity, so go early if you’re visiting during a peak period.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Just across the street from Adventure Island, Busch Gardens is a longtime Florida attraction known for its combination of amusement park and zoo. Roller coasters and other rides offer both extreme and kid-friendly thrills while zebras, hippos, giraffes, elephants, and other animals can be spotted.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia