Set in a lush, tropical valley that sweeps down to Marquis Bay, this spectacular colonial-era 500-acre (202-hectare) property takes visitors on a trip back in time, with preserved ruins of an old sugar mill, water wheel, slave quarters, and a vintage locomotive. Travelers may tour the plantation grounds on an exciting ATV eco-adventure, blazing down nature trails through rural farm communities and past historical sights to Grande Anse Beach along the rugged Atlantic coast.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Touring the Marquis Estate is suitable for adults and children over 8 years old.
- To drive an ATV, you must be at least 16 years old.
- On a tour, equipment, refreshments, and round-trip hotel transfers may be included. Check specific tours for details.
- The ATV tour is not recommended for anyone with heart complaints, back problems, or other serious medical conditions.
- ATV tours are not wheelchair-friendly.Remember sun protection.
How to Get There
The Marquis Estate sits along the secluded northeast coast of St. Lucia, about 10 miles (15 kilometers) from the island’s capital, Castries.
When to Get There
The estate is open daily year-round. Tours run between 8:30am and 6pm. Come early to beat the crowds. Between March and August, it’s possible to have a peak at the leatherback and hawksbill turtles who use Marquis Bay as a nesting site. During this time, a guide offers information on researchers' efforts to track the turtles and their offspring.
Rain or Shine?
Because ATVs are open vehicles, travelers are exposed to the elements. Unless there’s a big storm, however, tours generally continue through inclement weather. If it’s a dry day, expect dirt and dust. And when it’s raining, expect muddy sprays. St. Lucia’s rainy season is between June and November.
- Things to do in Soufriere
- Things to do in Cap Estate
- Things to do in Castries
- Things to do in Rodney Bay
- Things to do in Gros Islet
- Things to do in St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Things to do in Antigua and Barbuda
- Things to do in Kingstown
- Things to do in St John's
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Amazon