Top South Iceland Half-day Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Tours by Duration
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Tickets & Passes
How to Get Around
Private and Luxury
6 results | All South Iceland Tours
The adventure begins long before you reach the ice cave on this tour of the Langjokull Glacierglacier, a great choice for thrill seekers. Traveling by off-road vehicle allows you to conquer the otherwise impassable roads of the glacial highlands, while a snowmobile ride reveals other-worldly terrain at the mouth of the ice cave.
If you’re looking for an experience in Iceland where you witness a rare natural wonder—this is the ideal option. The tour gives you access to somewhere that you wouldn’t be able to reach alone—an ice cave that sits underneath Katla Volcano. Travel with ease up to the ice cave in a Super Jeep. It’s a safe experience as you are given a helmet and crampons, and a guide leads the way so you don’t get lost.
While many tours in Iceland make pit stops at glaciers—the country is, after all, full of them—fewer take you over them and close enough to discover their interesting features. With this tour, take an easy glacier hike to see ice formations, crevasses, and water cauldrons that you’d miss just stopping for a look. Your climbing crampons are provided, and the guided hike is offered 2-3 times a day so it’s easier to fit into your schedule.
Cruise through snow and ice on Langjökull, one of Iceland’s largest glaciers, on this guided tour. Take a ride in a 4x4 monster ice truck and enjoy the Icelandic scenery on the ride to the glacier. Then, suit up in the provided gear, learn how to drive the snowmobile, and follow your guide as you speed through ice and snowfields.
Experience the rare sensation of visiting a natural ice cave on this small-group tour. Board a Super Jeep in Vík and go off the beaten track into the Icelandic wilderness. You'll leave the regular tourist trail behind as you journey through a landscape of majestic mountains and glaciers toward the Katla Ice Cave.
Brand new tour in the Westman Islands. Until now, travelers have not been able to safely hike and climb their way to the top of Elephant Rock. Stunning views and swarming birdlife are the highlights of this unique 4-hour expedition.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Half-day Tours in South Iceland?
The best Half-day Tours in South Iceland according to Viator travelers are:
What Half-day Tours in South Iceland are taking additional safety precautions?
These South Iceland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Half-day Tours in South Iceland are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in South Iceland may have limited interaction with crowds:
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets