Top Activities on the Ground in Siena
38 results | All Siena Tours
* A traveler said: "Eleanor was excellent - warm, friendly and most welcoming. The tour was brilliant - a great mix of history and local culture. Everything was well explained- we learned loads about the city and were blown away by the stories of the Palio and then the inside of the Duomo . A great overall tour - cdo it tomorrow!"
* A traveler said: "Italian guide sharing a lot of her knowledge with obvious pleasure. Detailed information on the town, its history and customs. Definitely worth the price!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great afternoon with our guild riding up and down the hills of Seina. She was fabulous, fun and a great guild. We saw wild life which included sheep. Went through wine and olive fields, walked and ran when we wanted to - Just and great time"
* A traveler said: "The guide Silvia has broad knowledge of different subjects like architecture, history, local food, people of the city ... and uses it to customize the tour individually to the audience. We have learned a lot about Siena and had a lot of fun. It was a great experience."
* A traveler said: "giulia was an amazing guide. she did a fabulous job of explaining the layers of siena art, culture, and history in an engaging, approachable manor. we especially enjoyed her explanation of the Palio and it’s influence on everyday life in siena. it is SO much more than a horse race!"
* A traveler said: "We've had a fantastic tourguide; Daniele. He had a great story about everything you want to know, was very social and had great humor. He made sure everybody felt comfortable all the time and you could sense that he loves the job. He talked very passionate about it. We've had a delicious lunch at a small vineyard, also with the best wines."
* A traveler said: "Walked where there were few people. Learned about unique aspects of Sienese life including the Contrade and the Palio."
* A traveler said: "we enjoyed our trip, Francesco guided us very well throught the beautiful landscape of Toscany and the wine was delicious."
* A traveler said: "Absolutly gorgeous ! This is the best way to learn about toscan cooking. The teaching is very clear and we learned a lot about the history of each dish. The respect of sanitory conditions was absolutly perfect. I can't wait to cook what I've learned at home ! I deeply recommand this class for all cooking lovers."
* A traveler said: "We had a GREAT time, learned a lot, ate plenty, and drank PLENTY! Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and shared that with us. Toured 2 wineries with tastings. Fun afternoon. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "The cathedral was magnificent . The process for skip the line tickets was fine , but would be better if we did not have to redeem voucher . I take many of the Viator tours and most of them voucher is ticket."
* A traveler said: "Dominco was an awesome tour guide. We experienced travel issues getting to the tour on time and he was very accommodating. He made sure that everyone was comfortable on the bikes before leaving for the tour. He set a good pace and stopped to check on the riders along the way. Safety was first. The scenic landscape you ride through was amazing. The one site-seeing stop along the bike ride was at the Certosa di Pontignano Monastery. This was a great stop. We also stopped along the way for scenic views. After the bike ride, we went to Museo and Vina Enoteca Eventi Cucina for lunch and wine tasting. The food was great and Andre, our host, was amazing. The food was sourced locally. After eating lunch, we also stopped at another vineyard for another wine tasting."
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was fantastic. The hike was incredible and our tour guide, Francesco, was a joy to hike with. The wine tasting was the perfect end to the journey. 10/10 recommend"
* A traveler said: "This was an incredible day! Our guide, Fillipo, made our day so much fun... he picked us up at the hotel and provided great information on our ride to where we picked up our bikes. The views on the bike ride descending into the valley were spectacular and Fillipo was very encouraging when the "gentle rolling hills" turned out to be a bit steeper than we anticipated. We had a wonderful lunch and wine tastings at a beautiful farm vineyard. Thanks for a great day.."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Siena Cathedral Museum (Museo dell’Opera Metropolitana)
- Santa Maria della Scala
- Fonte Gaia (Gaia Fountain)
- National Art Gallery of Siena (Pinacoteca Nazionale Siena)
- Palio of Siena (Palio di Siena)
- Montalcino Fortress (Fortezza di Montalcino)
- Baptistery of San Giovanni (Battistero di San Giovanni)
- Piccolomini Library (Libreria Piccolomini)
- Siena Historic Center (Siena Centro Storico)
- Mangia Tower (Torre del Mangia)
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna