Urban centers like New York and Chicago tend to get the most cred for their scenic skylines, but Cathedral Rock, in the heart of Arizona’s peaceful Sedona, has inched towards fame with its picturesque natural skyline, where towering vibrant red rocks meet clear blue sky.
Located in Coconino National Forest, the steep ascent to this famous land formation draws travelers in search of a challenging hike, clear desert air, breathtaking views and wide-open space. And while the trail is only a short 1.5 miles, a quick 600-feet elevation change means parts of the passage can be a real scramble. Pack water, wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for a serious climb with views that are truly worth it.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Cathedral Rock tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cathedral Rock 2020?
What's the best way to experience Cathedral Rock?
- Mogollon Rim Off-Road Tour
- Highlights of Sedona Jeep Tour Including Cathedral Rock
- The Outlaw Trail 4x4 Tour of Sedona
- 3-Hour Sedona Spectacular Vortex Tour
Things to do near Sedona
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Moab
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Santa Fe
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico