Palacio de Bellas Artes Tours and Activities
Constructed in 1910, at the height of Latin America's frilly neoclassical-meets-art nouveau architectural wave, the graceful Palacio de Bellas Artes still strikes an imposing figure amidst modern Santiago's cold skyscrapers. Its ornate stone facade, which would do any cathedral proud, and permanent artistic merit make it the perfect home for the National Museum of Fine Arts.
The permanent collection, displayed in the Palacio's soaring chambers, begins with the Spanish Colonial era and traces Chile's cultural development through the styles of its artistic masters. Temporary exhibitions come from around Chile and the world.
The MAC (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo), Santiago's contemporary art museum, is also here. While it University of Chile-operated institution may lack the gravitas of the neighboring Fine Arts Museum, exhibits can be a lot more fun.
Tours and Activities to Experience Palacio de Bellas Artes
Small Group Best Deal: Panoramic Santiago city tour experience plus Viña del mar - Valparaiso - Casablanca in Two Days from Santiago
- Forestal Park (Parque Forestal)
- Barrio Lastarria
- Santa Lucia Hill (Cerro Santa Lucia)
- Red House (Casa Colorada)
- San Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco)
- National Museum of Natural History (Museo Nacional de Historia Natural)
- Central Post Office
- Santo Domingo Church (Iglesia de Santo Domingo)
- Santiago Central Market (Mercado Central de Santiago)
- Chilean National Library (Biblioteca Nacional de Chile)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- San Cristobal Hill (Cerro San Cristobal)
- Chilean Museum of Pre-Colombian Art (Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino)
- La Vega Central Market