Embodying beauty, rustic charm, tourism, and a feel of the ocean, Stearns Wharf is Santa Barbara’s number one tourist attraction. Built by lumberman John P. Stearns in 1872, Stearns Wharf has a long and decorated history including naval appropriation and one great conflagration which all but destroyed it. Nowadays the pier is a bustling center for shops, restaurants, and fishermen.
Santa Barbara’s historic three-dolphin statue marks the pier’s entrance at the bottom of State Street, where cars and pedestrians alike head out over the deep blue water to do a bit of wine tasting, souvenir shopping, pay a visit to the Ty Warner Sea Center, or just to get a great view of Santa Barbara from a different angle. Bring a camera and the kids – enjoying the beauty of Stearns Wharf is one of Santa Barbara’s highlights.
Stearns Wharf Tours
Should I book Stearns Wharf tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Stearns Wharf 2021?
What's the best way to experience Stearns Wharf?
- Kayak Tour of Santa Barbara with Experienced Guide
- Santa Barbara Kayak Tour
- Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour
- Mountains to Shore Biking Tour in Santa Barbara
Things to do near Santa Barbara
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona