Santa Barbara Cruise Port
Smaller but no less well-positioned on the California coast, the Santa Barbara Cruise Port offers a less chaotic alternative to nearby Los Angeles and San Francisco. Home to charming shops, restaurants, and attractions—including the Urban Wine Trail—sunny Santa Barbara is the ideal place for a spot of relaxation.
Passengers docking at the Santa Barbara Cruise Port often head straight into the neighboring Santa Ynez Valley on full-day wine tours. However, first-time visitors should make the most of Santa Barbara’s Michelin-rated restaurants on food tours—or the highly acclaimed wineries, boutiques, and spas—before heading to the beach for a kayak or surf lesson. Ultimately, though, the main charm of the city lies in walking—or biking—along the palm-tree and eucalyptus-lined streets or scenic Stearns Wharf.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Ships dock about 1.5-miles offshore and tenders (small boats) take passengers to the harbor where a hospitality team awaits.
- There are plenty of tourist information points in Santa Barbara, although much of the downtown is easily walkable.
- Waterfront shuttles are available at the Santa Barbara Cruise Port.
- State Street is the main drag in Santa Barbara and can be easily enjoyed and explored in just a day.
- Cycling, kayaking, and winery tours are all popular options in Santa Barbara.
How to Get to Santa Barbara From the Santa Barbara Cruise Port
Cruise ships drop anchor offshore and, from the Santa Barbara Harbor, the downtown is a short walk. There are also waterfront shuttles and taxis available, although bike rentals and city cycling tours are popular ways to get around Santa Barbara too.
The official currency is the US dollar, and you'll find plenty of ATMs in and around the port and Santa Barbara proper. Both English and Spanish are widely spoken in the city and surrounds.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Santa Barbara Waterfront
- Stearns Wharf
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center
- Shoreline Park
- Funk Zone
- Leadbetter Beach
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art (SBMA)
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden (SBBG)
- State Street