Santa Barbara County Courthouse
After the great earthquake of 1925 ruined much of the city, an opportunity arose to give this beloved city by the sea something that would reflect the areas culture and beauty; something that would both honor and impress its residents. Designed in Spanish-Moorish style and completed in 1929, the Santa Barbara County Courthouse is now one of the main tourist attractions on a visit to the American Riviera.
One of the most beautiful government buildings in all of the United States, the Santa Barbara County Courthouse is a working courthouse, but visitors are encouraged to explore what its grounds hold in store for them. Here you’ll find the Sunken gardens where many weddings take place, an elevator to the 85-foot “El Mirador” clock tower for a panoramic view of downtown Santa Barbara, many hand-painted rooms full of detail (including the fantastic Mural Room), the Spirit of the Ocean fountain, and many wrought-iron hand-rails and window coverings which make the courthouse what it is – spectacular.
Santa Barbara County Courthouse Tours
What are Santa Barbara County Courthouse hours of operation?
Should I book Santa Barbara County Courthouse tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Santa Barbara County Courthouse 2021?
What's the best way to experience Santa Barbara County Courthouse?
- Mountains to Shore Biking Tour in Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara History and Architecture Bike Tour
- Downtown Santa Barbara Food Tour
- Private Santa Barbara Electric Bike Tour
Things to do near Santa Barbara
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona