Ponce Tours and Activities
Ponce is Puerto Rico’s second city and a complete change of pace from the capital San Juan. Ponce's low key charm speaks louder to architecture buffs than it does to party animals. Starting at the central Plaza Las Delicicas you’ll find two defining landmarks of the city, the twin-towered cathedral and the vivid scarlet and black stripes of the whimsical Parque de Bombas, once a fire station, now a museum of fire-fighting.
In the streets near the square you’ll soon come across the lemon-yellow Teatro La Perla and the delightful candy pink Museum of Architecture. Head north for the Castillo Serrallés, a Spanish Colonial Revival mansion which houses a museum relating to the island’s all-important sugar and rum industries. It’s just one of the imposing residences you’ll see throughout the city.
After all that visual richness cleanse your palate with the tropical Modernism of the highly-recommended Ponce Museum of Art.
Tours and Activities to Experience Ponce
- Rio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy)
- Bacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi)
- Old San Juan
- Chapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo)
- Castillo San Felipe del Morro
- Paseo de la Princesa
- San Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista)
- Museum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas)
- San Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan)
- La Fortaleza (The Fortress)
- Castillo San Cristobal
- Mercado de Río Piedras
- Old San Juan Piers
- Museum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)