Top San Francisco Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
San Francisco is full of kid-friendly fun, much of which adults can enjoy as well. From vibrant neighborhoods and museums to boat rides and green park spaces, see below for some of the best things to do in the City by the Bay with kids in tow.
- Explore the city at your family's pace via a hop on, hop off bus tour that includes live narration and hits all the major sights.
- Ride across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with a guide to the seaside town of Sausalito.
- Choose your preferred mode of transport and explore San Francisco's famous hills or waterfront by bike, GoCar, Segway, speed boat, or even fire engine.
- Take a bike tour through top areas such as Golden Gate Park or Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Book priority access to the Walt Disney Family Museum, the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39, or the Exploratorium, a hands-on science museum.
5 results | All San Francisco Tours
Sort by: Featured
Gain admission to the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco, located at Pier 39 between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Alcatraz ferry landing. A general admission ticket provides direct access to all of the aquarium’s main exhibit areas, which house more than 20,000 sea creatures. Learn what is typically found in San Francisco Bay and the nearby Pacific, including sharks, river otters, and even octopuses. The aquarium features interactive exhibits, as well as walk-through glass tunnels where schools of anchovies and fluorescent jellyfish swim overhead and around you.
Enjoy easy access to the California Academy of Sciences with this pre-paid skip-the-line ticket. Walk right in to enjoy the museum's 4-story rain forest, planetarium, and aquarium. Avoid wasting your precious vacation waiting in the long lines to purchase tickets for this exhibit-packed museum. Your admission includes all shows and exhibits, and is a perfect activity for families. IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: All guests ages 12+ proof of full vaccination required; booster shots strongly encouraged but not required. For ages 5-11, full vaccination strongly encouraged but not required. While some local mask mandates have recently changed. The Academy will continue to require all guests ages 2+ to wear a well-fitted mask indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except while eating and drinking in the Café. Negative COVID-19 tests are no longer accepted as an alternative to proof of full vaccination.
Visit San Francisco’s historic Presidio District and learn about the man behind the Disney classics at The Walt Disney Family Museum. Admire Walt’s early cartoons and films, and hear about his life through videos and narration from the animator himself. Don’t forget to check out views of the Bay from the museum’s glass wall before you go, and upgrade your ticket to include access to the special exhibitions.
San Francisco attracts eager visitors from across the world, but the city’s walking tours can lack a certain excitement. On this tour, challenge your friends and family on an engaging treasure hunt through the city. Bring your problem-solving skills to the fore, follow a series of mysterious clues with your guide, and see San Francisco in a fun and active way—with a whole host of games and surprises along the way.
Battle fearsome zombies, oversize monsters or robot bandits — all without leaving San Francisco — at the DarkRide 7D Experience on Pier 39. Choose your own adventure, then buckle up and grab a laser blaster for for an immersive virtual reality quest to take down your opponents. 3D glasses plus sound and motion effects turn an ordinary trip to Fisherman’s Wharf into a thrilling, high-definition challenge.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco?
The best Kid-Friendly in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Kid-Friendly in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Kid-Friendly in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Lands End Tours & Tickets
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA) Tours & Tickets
- Transamerica Pyramid Tours & Tickets
- Bay Bridge Tours & Tickets
- Vesuvio Cafe Tours & Tickets
- SoMa (South of Market) Tours & Tickets
- De Young Museum Tours & Tickets
- War Memorial Opera House Tours & Tickets
- Hayes Valley Tours & Tickets
- Fillmore District Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Playhouse Tours & Tickets
- Anchor Brewing Company Tours & Tickets
- Marin Headlands Tours & Tickets
- Presidio Tours & Tickets
- Union Square Tours & Tickets
- Contemporary Jewish Museum Tours & Tickets
- Mission District Tours & Tickets
- Fort Point National Historic Site Tours & Tickets
- Tiburon Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito