Top San Francisco Hiking Tours
Saved to wishlist!
13 results | All San Francisco Tours
Enjoy easy access to the California Academy of Sciences with this pre-paid skip-the-line ticket. Walk right in to enjoy the museum's 4-story rain forest, planetarium, and aquarium. Avoid wasting your precious vacation waiting in the long lines to purchase tickets for this exhibit-packed museum. Your admission includes all shows and exhibits, and is a perfect activity for families. IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: All guests ages 12+ must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative test taken within 48 hours of a visit in order to enter the Academy, and photo ID is required for all guests ages 18+. While masks are longer required indoors, we strongly encourage all guests to keep masking up.
Please note: this walk is not at all strenuous. Obviously there's some stairs but this is done at a leisurely pace and suitable for almost everyone. This breathtaking 2 mile walking tour of San Francisco's hidden stairways is the #1 rated Airbnb Experience in the Bay Area. See gorgeous mosaic tiled steps and hear the stories behind them, then take in stunning 360° views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park and downtown San Francisco. You'll also discover beautiful neighborhoods and gardens that tourists rarely see...you might even go home with a succulent! I'll provide commentary, context and some history along the way. Generally SF is dry May-October. There can be fog in the summertime, mostly in the morning. Temps rarely above 70F (21C) or below 50F (10C). Rain may cancel. Instagram account to see more photos: @hiddenstairssf #hiddenstairssf Message me if you have questions!
On our walking tour of the Presidio (including Tunnel Tops!) JB Walking Tours takes you through history, not the boring history you learned in school, but the sordid stories they never told you! A famous photographer who was also a murderer and an actress who was a Union spy are just a few of our stories. We'll discover Yoda and how Lucasfilm came to be a part of the Presidio. Note: This tour starts at one location and ends at another We'll show you "then and now" photos of the park and tell stories of the soldiers and civilians that lived here as well as some who are buried here. On the main post, we’ll chat about what life was like for soldiers who lived here and discover the tragic, fiery fate that befell a very famous Army general. Many tours drive in a rush through the Presidio on their way to the bridge... our tour slows down to walk, and shows you what you're missing!! Your guide is a resident of the Presidio with lots of information to share on the way to the Golden Gate!
Sharpen your wilderness survival skills during a 5-hour class that takes place in the redwood forests of Marin County. Your knowledgeable instructor-guide shares core wilderness techniques including creating a shelter, starting a fire by friction, finding and preparing food, and identifying edible plants. Build the confidence and skills needed in a wilderness setting without the tools and comforts of the modern world. You’ll also learn techniques used by the native peoples of California on this fascinating day out in the woods.
I'm a classically trained chef and certified cheese monger for over 25 years, As a 4th generation San Franciscan, I love to share this special place on the planet! Come with me on a great outdoor and culinary adventure for a wonderfully different way to see San Francisco! We will hike through the beautiful LANDS END park, stop for FIVE gourmet lunch courses (including wine - over 21) all made from local sourced foods! I'll introduce your group to the spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, tell tales of ship wrecks, seals, and sea creatures. Waltz through the "ritziest" neighborhood in SF, and relax on the beach enjoying a world class meal. Some special diets accommodated with notification. Please note this requires a moderate amount of hiking and physical activity. 4 person minimum, 12 maximum ** currently ONLY booking private tours **
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
Take a San Francisco half-day tour to pack in the city’s top sights in a convenient way that leaves you with plenty of time to spare so you can enjoy the city however you wish. With a driver-guide, travel the city by bus, stopping at major attractions like the Golden Gate Bridge and Twin Peaks and neighborhoods like North Beach and Chinatown. Plus, you can upgrade to include a San Francisco Bay cruise, a half-day bike rental, or admission to Aquarium of the Bay.
Come aboard the Privateer for a beautiful sailing journey along the San Francisco Bay where you can enjoy sightseeing at the most beautiful time of day—sunset. Coast along as you spot out Alcatraz, the Sausalito shoreline, and the Golden Gate bridge, all with a drink of choice in your hand.
With its iconic hills, architecture, bridge and bay, it’s no wonder so many movies have been filmed in San Francisco. See filming locations from more than 55 productions—from blockbusters like ‘San Andreas’ to family favorites like ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’—on this movie sites tour from Fisherman’s Wharf. Watch clips on the tour bus as you pass by the real locations with an informative actor-turned-guide who shares stories about the city and cinema history.
Enjoy a relaxing outing on San Francisco Bay with a cruise. Take in panoramic views of the city skyline, marvel at Alcatraz Island, and journey beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. Choose to sit indoors or savor cool bay breezes from an outdoor deck and experience San Francisco in a whole new way from the water. You can even learn about the sights that you're seeing from a free audio tour—available on any personal wifi-enabled device. This ticket allows you to skip the box office line and go straight to the gate.
Drive down one of the most scenic roads in California on this full-day tour from San Francisco. Cruise along the coast-hugging Highway 1, passing the mansions of Pebble Beach on the iconic 17-Mile Drive. Enjoy free time to explore Monterey, where you can stroll down Steinbeck’s Cannery Row or visit the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Browse the ritzy boutiques of Carmel-by-the-Sea and get a glimpse of Silicon Valley’s tech campuses on the return drive to San Francisco.
Take a journey around San Francisco's top sights in a retro way with this "painted ladies" tour by vintage Volkswagen bus decorated with long gorgeous eyelashes so you can't miss your tour vehicle. You'll pass by neighborhoods like Chinatown, Union Square, Pacific Heights, North Beach, Haight-Ashbury, the Marina, and Hayes Valley, plus see the Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Civic Center, and more.
For wine enthusiasts, the Sonoma and Napa Valleys are often the pinnacle of the North American wine experience. However, for the uninitiated, choosing where and when to go can be a little daunting. This coach tour shuttles you in style to famous wineries in northern California and stop for lunch in Downtown Sonoma Square or Yountville, where you'll find a bevy of dining options and boutique shops for exploration.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Hiking Tours in San Francisco?
The best Hiking Tours in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Hiking Tours in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Hiking Tours in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Aquarium of the Bay Tours & Tickets
- Twin Peaks Tours & Tickets
- Nob Hill Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Treasure Island Tours & Tickets
- De Young Museum Tours & Tickets
- Cartoon Art Museum Tours & Tickets
- Asian Art Museum Tours & Tickets
- Fort Mason Tours & Tickets
- Davies Symphony Hall Tours & Tickets
- Toronado Pub Tours & Tickets
- Market Street Tours & Tickets
- Baker Beach Tours & Tickets
- Pacific Heights Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Bay Tours & Tickets
- Marine Mammal Center Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Playhouse Tours & Tickets
- Fillmore District Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) Tours & Tickets
- Sausalito Vista Point Tours & Tickets
- Japanese Tea Garden Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito