With just one day in Salt Lake City, you have plenty of time to tour the city’s historic sights, enjoy a trip into the mountains, and experience some of the evening culture. Here’s how to get the most out of Salt Lake City in just one day.
Solitude Mountain Resort
12000 Big Cottonwood Canyon, Solitude, 84121
Solitude Mountain Resort has a mix of non-crowded routes perfect for first timers and remote trails where experienced skiers can get away from the crowds. The park offers ski and snowboard lessons for Alpine skiing, snowboarding, telemark skiing, and Nordic skiing. The park has a partnership with neighboring Brighton Resort and between the two resorts sits the Nordic Center where you can try cross-country skiing and skate skiing.
Things to Know Before You Go
- This is the spot for anyone who wants to avoid the crowds of larger ski resorts.
- Rental equipment for all activities is available on site.
- Solitude Village has full amenities and offers shopping, food, and lodging.
- Ski-in/ski-out and wheelchair accessible lodging is available.
- There is a daycare on site.
- The Ikon Pass gets you access to Solitude (and more than 30 other resorts) year round.
How to Get There
The resort is located 40 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport which has direct flights from more than 70 US cities. Once in Salt Lake City, you can reach the airport by car, bus, or airport shuttle. Complimentary access to the UTA Ski Bus is included in all Solitude season passes.
When to Get There
The resort’s winter season typically spans from December through April. The resort is open for summer activities from mid-June through the end of September. While the Solitude Mountain generally has fewer crowds than surrounding resorts, if you want true solitude avoid visiting on holidays and weekends.
Summer at Solitude Mountain Resort When the snow melts, Solitude Mountain Resorts is converted into a lift-served mountain biking and hiking mecca. You can head straight to the 20 miles (32 kilometers) of single-track trails or stop by the Powderhorn Adventure Center for bike rentals, lessons, and a full-service bike shop. If you want to mix it up, try out the free high-altitude disc golf course with a scenic mountain view.
- Brighton Resort
- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Utah Olympic Park
- Utah's Hogle Zoo
- This is the Place Heritage Park
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Red Butte Garden
- Fort Douglas Military Museum
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA)
- Liberty Park
- Tracy Aviary
- Leonardo Museum
- Joseph Smith Memorial Building
- Salt Lake Tabernacle