With three days in UNESCO-listed Lyon, you have plenty of time to experience the city’s history, cuisine, and surrounding vineyards. Cross the Saône and Rhône rivers, step into the cathedral, taste world-renowned wine, and more. Here’s how to make the most of 72 hours in Lyon.
1380 Route de la Corneille, Les Avenières, 38630
Part of the Walibi chain of European leisure parks, this amusement park offers more than 30 attractions ranging from mild to wild, with roller coasters and little-kid rides in the mix. A monorail suitable for visitors of all heights makes a loop throughout part of the park. For something different, try your hand at gold panning.
Things to Know Before You Go
Walibi Rhône-Alpes has multiple restaurants and food kiosks.
Guests are welcome to take in their own food, but coolers and glass bottles aren’t allowed.
Walibi is accessible to strollers and wheelchairs, and discounted rates are available for guests in wheelchairs and one companion.
How to Get There
Located in France’s Rhône-Alpes region, Walibi is about 45 minutes by car from Chambéry, an hour from Grenoble, and 70 minutes from Lyon. Shuttle services are available from both Grenoble and Lyon.
When to Get There
Walibi is open from the middle of April through the first weekend of November. Outside of school holidays, the park is usually closed on weekdays. For details, check the park’s website before going.
If you need to cool off on a warm day, combine an amusement park visit with a stop by adjacent Aqualibi water park, where a variety of pools and waterslides await you. You’ll even find a 4-lane racing slide. Note that swim trunks are prohibited—visitors must wear brief-style swimsuits.
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Mini World Lyon
- Annecy Castle (Chateau d'Annecy)
- Island Palace (Palais de l'Ile)
- Lake Annecy (Lac d'Annecy)
- Lumière Institute (Institut Lumière)
- Resistance and Deportation History Centre (Centre d'Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation)
- Lyon Les Halles Market (Les Halles Paul Bocuse)
- Tête d'Or Park (Parc de la Tête d'Or)
- Lyon Museum of Contemporary Art (Musée d'art Contemporain de Lyon)
- Lyon Opera House (Opéra National de Lyon)
- Bellecour Square (Place Bellecour)
- Célestins Theatre (Théâtre des Célestins)
- Lyon Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts de Lyon)
- Lyon Palace of Justice (Palais de Justice Historique de Lyon)