Quebec Museum of Civilization (Musée de la Civilisation) Tours and Activities
Rising as a beacon of modernity in historic Old Quebec, the Museum of Civilization (Musée de la Civilisation) looks at humanity across the world as well as the history of Quebec through an extensive lens. Surrounded by glass panes and greenery, the museum is impressive from the exterior alone. Pre-existing buildings were incorporated into the completed design, which finished construction in 1998. Inside, both its permanent and rotating exhibits are highly interactive and educational, ranging from Quebec’s Aboriginal roots to contemporary culture.
The museum has become known for its fresh and original designs and perspectives, and is thought to be a leading cultural hub of Quebec. It has hundreds of unique and original historic art and artifacts, many of which collectively tell the story of Quebec. There are often family workshops as well as guided tours (in both English and French) available for those looking to take a deeper dive into the museum.
Tours and Activities to Experience Quebec Museum of Civilization (Musée de la Civilisation)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Quebec City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Private Walking Tour for American Visitors - 1776 Canada's Road to Independence
- Québec City Self-Guided Tour with Tourist Scavenger Hunt
- Old Quebec (Vieux-Québec)
- Montmorency Falls Park (Parc de la Chute-Montmorency)
- Quebec Royal Square (Place-Royale)
- Quebec Lower Town (Basse-Ville)
- Upper Town (Haute-Ville)
- Fortifications of Quebec National Historic Site
- Quebec National Museum of Fine Arts (Musée National des Beaux-Arts)
- Quebec Museum of Civilization (Musée de la Civilisation)