King George Island (Isla Rey Jorge) Tours and Tickets
King George Island is the largest of South Shetland Islands, and its scenic bays, which include Maxwell, Admiralty and King George Bays, are home to unique wildlife, like elephant and leopard seals and a variety of species of penguins.
Its protected fjords and diverse flora and fauna make the island one of the region’s premier research stations for bio-diversity, and although these scientists who come from around the world are the only human inhabitants on this unique island, there’s still some draw for travelers venturing to the area’s icy depths. The Arctowski lighthouse is known for being the southernmost lighthouse in the world, and every summer intrepid runners venture to the island for the Antarctic marathon.
Tours and Activities to Experience King George Island (Isla Rey Jorge)
- Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes) Tours & Tickets
- King George Island (Isla Rey Jorge) Tours & Tickets
- Strait of Magellan Tours & Tickets
- Magdalena Island (Isla Magdalena) Tours & Tickets
- Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum Tours & Tickets
- Tres Puentes Wetland (Humedal Tres Puentes) Tours & Tickets
- Plaza Muñoz Gamero Tours & Tickets