If you’re in Puerto Vallarta, you’re in the right place to truly enjoy tequila, as this distilled beverage must be produced in the Mexican state of Jalisco in order to be called tequila. Read on for tips on how to sample and learn about it.
A replica of the Spanish ship Santa Maria, from Christopher Columbus’ first voyage across the Atlantic, the Marigalante sits in port in Puerto Vallarta and heads out to sea on family-friendly tours. Pirate- and Mexican heritage–themed shows and activities take place both day and night.
Tours depart at 9am and 5:30pm
Puerto Vallarta Marine Terminal, Puerto Vallarta, 48354
Also known as Pirate Ship Vallarta, the Marigalante features all-inclusive experiences on Banderas Bay (Bahia de Banderas). Tickets can be purchased online for the daytime tour to Majahuitas Island or dinner tours that include live entertainment, games, fireworks, and an open bar. Choose the theme that interests you—either pirates (including a night dedicated to Canadian pirates) or Mexican folklore.
Things to know before you go
- The Marigalante has a capacity for 240 passengers.
- Vegetarian dishes are available if advised at check-in and kids’ menus are provided.
- The boat is wheelchair accessible and transport can be organized from the gate of the Maritime Terminal to the boat.
- There is a gift shop on board, as well as souvenir photo and video purchase.
- The day tour includes water activities such as snorkeling and kayaking; dinner tours do not include time in the water.
How to get there
The Marigalante sets sail from the Maritime Terminal, toward the northern end of Puerto Vallarta. Local buses stop in front of the pier.
When to get there
The day tour departs mid-morning and lasts six hours; dinner tours depart mid-evening and last roughly four hours. Arrive early, as you must exchange your online ticket for a boarding pass.
Constructed in the 1980s from 30 different types of tropical wood, the Marigalante has four decks, an air-conditioned dining area, professional sound and lighting system for the pirate shows, a bar, and three masts. For the daytime tours, kayaks, boogie boards, life jackets, banana boats, snorkeling masks, and fins are all provided on board.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Marigalante Galleon?
What else should I know about attractions in Puerto Vallarta?
- Banderas Bay (Bahia de Banderas)
- Los Arcos National Marine Park
- Marina Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Cruise Port
- Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe)
- Las Caletas Beach (Playa Las Caletas)
- Vista Vallarta Golf Club
- Gringo Gulch
- Zona Romantica
- Los Muertos Beach (Playa Los Muertos)
- Aquaventuras Park
- Nuevo Vallarta
- Boca de Tomatlán
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens (Jardín Botánico de Vallarta)
- Marietas Islands (Islas Marietas)