Piedra Pintada Tours and Tickets
If visiting the Anton Valley, the Painted Rock (Piedra Pintada) is a must-see attraction. Located at the foot of the La India Dormida mountain, this large boulder has an underside covered with pre-Columbian petroglyphs.
Rumor has it that the Painted Rock tells the history of the area, but since no one has been able to decipher the petroglyphs, it’s still just a theory. Everyone that visits tends to just come to his or her own conclusion.
Whatever the accurate tale, this is also an ideal place for a long hike through the forest along the nearby river, which gives visitors the opportunity to see animals, butterflies and birds. To get the most out of the area, go with a guide that can tell you about the wildlife you’ll encounter along the way.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Piedra Pintada
- El Nispero Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Chorro el Macho Waterfall
- Barro Colorado Island
- Monkey Island
- Gatún Lake (Lago Gatún)
- Bridge of the Americas (Puente de las Americas)
- Soberanía National Park
- Panama Canal
- Miraflores Locks
- Fuerte Amador Cruise Port
- Punta Culebra Nature Center
- Ancon Hill (Cerro Ancon)
- Amador Causeway (Calzada de Amador)
- Panama Interoceanic Canal Museum (Museo del Canal Interoceánico)