Paintings and sculptures from more than 100 of Jamaica's finest artists and artisans are the focal point of this elegant local landmark, with carved wooden verandas and a grand central staircase. Visitors wandering through the rooms will enjoy browsing through an extensive range of books and prints, and perusing treasures in the gift shop filled with locally made jewelry, beauty products, and a Reggae to Wear line of sportswear.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families who enjoy art.
- Admission is free.
- Harmony Hall houses one of the island’s best Italian restaurants, Toscanini, which is open for lunch and dinner.
How to Get There
Harmony Hall is in St. Mary’s Parish about 4 miles (6.5 kilometers) east of Ocho Rios along the A3 Highway.
When to Get There
Harmony Hall is open year-round Tuesday through Sunday, 10am to 5:30pm. Toscanini's restaurant is open Tuesday through Sunday, 12:30pm to 2:30pm and 7pm to 10:30pm. Both are closed on Mondays.
Stay at the Cottages
Next to the gallery are two charming cottages maintained by Harmony Hall, where overnight guests may stay. On a one-acre (1.5 hectares) spread, about 30 feet (9 meters) above the Caribbean Sea, the cottages are beautifully maintained and have a large garden with steps leading down to a grotto, and a bridge that guests cross to reach a sandy beach for swimming and reef-snorkeling.
- Things to do in Runaway Bay
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Falmouth
- Things to do in Montego Bay
- Things to do in Black River
- Things to do in Lucea
- Things to do in Negril
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island