North Coast Tours
* A traveler said: "This tour far exceeded my expectations! Julio did an exceptional job catering for both the Spanish and English speakers and the museum was presented step by step as an intruging story. He wan tour of his way to involve, share and ensure everyone had a good time. If all tour guides were half as good as him, more tours would be exceptional like this was. Would recommend to anyone who is interested in ancient culture, rituals, artefacts and buildings."
* A traveler said: "This was a very good tour. It covered everything in the area .the sun and moon temples were amazing as was chan chan. The town was beautiful. We were less keen on the seaside but this was a minor part. The guide alfredo was excellent."
* A traveler said: "The guide was punctual, enthusiastic, well-informed and her English was excellent. The various sites were amazing, and a very interesting contrast to the better-known Inca ruins."
* A traveler said: "We were picked up on the dockside in comfortable coach. Good English speaking guide. Visited the excavation sites where we had a clear explanation. Also a quick visit to the city centre. Altogether a very interesting day."
* A traveler said: "This company was super helpful from the time we booked the tour till we completed the tour. Our tour guy is very knowledgeable and knows all the history however his presentation can be better. We would like to be informed along the way about going to the next destination. He was quite quiet but still very goo about the history."
* A traveler said: "Clara our guide was lovely, with passion and in depth knowledge of Trujillo and the Chimu people. Only downside was no port pick up or drop off for cruises, so suggest you pre book a taxi from port to town. It's about 45 mins, and should be 15 to 20 dollars."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful guide named Jose. He took us all over and even brought his conch shell and flute to play for us at the temples. He was a wonderful ambassador for Trujillo!"
* A traveler said: "Cruise line was inflexible about pick up and drop offs, but Julio worked with us to make the most of a short day. We talked on Whatsapp from the ship the night before the tour and he rearranged the day to make the most of the time we had. His English was excellent and he provided a custom private tour for less than half what the boat was charging. Well worth the time!"
* A traveler said: "This was my first visit to Peru and the tours that I had set up while visiting friends were fantastic. Our Guide for the Batan Grande Tour was extremely knowledgeable and very Friendly. I suggest if you do take this tour you ask for Rosario, she was the best. Her years of experience made the tour extremely interesting while walking through dried out river beds and scant forest areas. December was the pre-summer months with little tourists around and the weather was beautiful summer in Peru compared to the Frigid temps in NYC. Rosario helped all along the tour always asking if we had any questions. My girlfriend and I had many stories to tell after the tour and both agreed that we would take the tour again only if Rosario was the Guide."
* A traveler said: "El guia es excelente y lo recomendo por complento! Es muy amable, cuida muy bien a sus clientes. I recommend this tour and this guide to everyone, very professional and well informed, and even helped me to plan other parts of my trip to Northern Peru!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was Maritza who clearly loves her job and welcomed my endless questions and answered them all. I don’t understand people who say this is a disappointment. It’s a really fantastic place to be. I only wish the tour went a little more slowly. We first visited the Huaca del Iris and then one of the big palaces. Pictures of the place do not do it justice. If you love seeing how ancient societies lived you should go. The sun is intense so sunblock up and wear a hat, but I didn’t find the heat a problem."
Frequently Asked Questions
- El Brujo Archaeological Complex
- Temple of the Dragon (Huaco el Dragon)
- Huaca Rajada (Sipán)
- El Carmen Church
- Trujillo Cathedral (Basilica Menor Cathedral)
- Chiclayo Cathedral (Iglesia Santa Maria)
- Temples of Moche (Huacas del Sol y de la Luna)
- Municipal Palace
- Pómac Forest Historic Sanctuary
- Parque Principal (Plaza de Armas)
- Casa Urquiaga (Casa Calonge)
- Paseo de las Musas
- Plaza de Armas
- Witch's Market (Mercado de las Brujas)
- National University of Trujillo Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology, and History
- Túcume (Valley of the Pyramids)
- Batán Grande (Sicán Archaeological Complex)
- Chan Chan
- Sicán National Museum
- Royal Tombs of Sipan Museum
- Brüning National Archaeological Museum
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in Lima
- Things to do in Paracas
- Things to do in Iquitos
- Things to do in Quito
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Central Valley
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast