Nha Phu Bay
The white sands of Nha Phu Bay make this an ideal destination for a relaxing beach vacation, while island-hopping between the many islands in the bay offers a bit more activity. Wildlife, animal parks, and orchid gardens can all be found around the bay, as well as beautiful beaches, water sports, and delicious seafood.
Just north of the popular beach resort city of Nha Trang, Nha Phu Bay is a more laid back alternative. Island-hopping tours are a favorite activity here: Thi Islet, Monkey Island, and Orchid Stream Island are favorites. Thousands of monkeys live on Monkey Island, while a variety of other animals can be seen at a safari park on Orchid Stream Island, such as ostriches, deer, and elephants. Numerous varieties of orchid can also be seen on Orchid Stream Island. Freshly caught and grilled seafood is a specialty here. While the beaches of mainland Nha Phu Bay can be reached easily by independent travelers, getting to the off-shore islands is more convenient on a tour.
Things to know before you go
- Allow for a full day to explore the attractions of Nha Phu Bay.
- Water sports activities are available at An Binh Beach, which is also one of the best swimming beaches at Nha Phu Bay.
- Snorkeling and diving are also available around the bay.
How to get there
Nha Phu Bay is located on the coast of southern Vietnam. It’s 9 miles (15 kilometers) north of Nha Trang city and can easily be reached from there by private transfer or on a tour.
When to get there
Southern Vietnam is warm year-round, but the conditions for spending time at the beach are generally best between December and February. Temperatures are a bit cooler but there’s less rain and humidity than at other times of year.
Cable Car to Hon Tre Island
Another fun activity in the Nha Trang area is to take the Vinpearl Cable Car over to Hon Tre Island. The 11,000-foot (3,200-meter) long cable is held up on seven support pillars, and is one of the longest cable cars over the sea in the world. The sea views are impressive and this is an easy way to get to Hon Tre Island, a large island just offshore from Nha Trang.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Po Nagar Cham Towers
- Hon Chong
- Thap Ba Hot Springs
- Dam Market (Cho Dam)
- Nha Trang Beach
- Long Son Pagoda (Chua Long Son)
- Stone Church (Nha Tho Nui)
- XQ Historical Village
- Vinpearl Land Nha Trang
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
- Hon Mieu Island
- 100 Egg Theme Park (Khu Du Lich Tram Trung)
- Hon Mun Island
- Hon Ba Nature Reserve (Khu Bao Ton Thien Nhien Hon Ba)