Festive cafes and bars on the Negril Cliffs are perfectly situated to take in the spectacular seaside view and watch as divers make their brave leaps. It’s not uncommon for professional divers and courageous locals to put on shows for the crowd, somersaulting and performing aerial flips before hitting the water. Both the cliffs and nearby Rick’s Cafe are perfect places to catch the West Coast’s spectacular, fiery sunsets.
Travelers have many options to experience Negril Cliffs on daytime or evening half- or full-day tours leaving from Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios, or Runaway Bay. Many tours incorporate fun activities like a catamaran cruise to legendary Rick’s Cafe, making stops to snorkel or relax on sandy beaches along the way.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for solo travelers, couples, small groups, and families.
- Remember to pack your swimwear, sun protection, towel, camera, and pocket money.
- Most tours include complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off, gear rentals, and some food and drink. Check individual tours for specific details.
How to Get There
Negril Cliffs are south of the main resort area of Negril, accessible by taxi or shuttle buses from hotels. Tours include round-trip hotel transport.
When to Get There
The cliffs are a popular gathering spot all year-round. Open every day, there are no opening or closing times.
Diving for All If the idea of jumping four stories off a cliff leaves you squeamish, go to Rick’s Cafe, the lively bar and restaurant famous for its party sunset ambiance. Here, several platforms range from the kid-friendly 5 feet (1.5 meters) to the more courageous 35 feet (11 meters). Don’t forget to look up—from a platform inside a towering 80-foot (24-meter) tree, pro divers catapult into the air, showing off their derring-do skills.
- Things to do in Lucea
- Things to do in Montego Bay
- Things to do in Black River
- Things to do in Falmouth
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Runaway Bay
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island