Kool Runnings offers adventurous choices so numerous, travelers might decide it will take an entire day to explore. Attractions in the water park suit travelers of all ages and levels of courage. Ten waterslides come in different heights and speeds. White-knuckle your way through the Jamaica Bobsled Ride, or plunge and spin like a tornado in the Kick Puppalick slide.xa0
In the Adventure Zone, make your heart race in a go-kart speeding through the challenging circuit, or during an intense round of paintball or laser combat. When you’re tired of extreme living, float peacefully through a lush nature reserve in a kayak or bamboo raft.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The water park charges admission for adults, and children under 48 inches (122 centimeters) in height
- Toddlers under the age of 2 are free. Activities in the Adventure Zone are priced a la carte. Group packages are available.
- Each park has restaurants and cafes. No outside food or drink are allowed.
- Remember to bring a swimsuit, towel, and sun protection.
- Kids under the age of 3 must wear a swim diaper, purchased at the park’s gift shop.xa0
- Rental lockers allow you to store clothing and valuables.xa0Kool Runnings is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Kool Runnings is located on Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril, close to all the major resorts in the area. Ask your hotel about hiring a taxi for the short drive.
When to Get There
The park is open Tuesday through Sunday (May through August), 11am to 6pm, with rides stopping at 5:30pm. Between September and May, the park is closed for maintenance, though it’s possible to reserve for small groups.
Little Ones Welcome Small kids and toddlers are not left out of the fun at Kool Runnings. They are catered to like princes and princesses. They may splash in the water playground, float along a slow-flowing stream, or engage in entertaining games at the kid-centric Capt. Mikie’s Coconut Island.
- Things to do in Lucea
- Things to do in Montego Bay
- Things to do in Black River
- Things to do in Falmouth
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Runaway Bay
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island