Glass Museum (Museo del Vidrio)
Striking both inside and out, the Glass Museum is notable for its red brick facade—which is unusual for the area—and original tiled-floor interior. You can easily explore the three well-curated floors in under two hours. Look out for highlights including 20th-century glass art, glass molds, and pieces produced by renowned Mexican glassblowers such as the Ávalos family.
Things to Know Before You Go
Expect to spend around two hours exploring all the Glass Museum has to offer.
There are both English- and Spanish-language tours offered at the Glass Museum—book in advance.
Much of the signage is in Spanish.
Photography is not allowed inside the museum.
Pick up a souvenir at the on-site gift store, which sells products made at the factory.
The Glass Museum may not be fully wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
The Glass Museum is situated north of the Monterrey downtown in the Treviño neighborhood and is just a 10-minute drive from the Macroplaza. Beat the Monterrey heat and arrive by rideshare or taxi.
When to Get There
The Glass Museum is typically open Tuesday to Friday between the mid-morning and late afternoon. You can also visit on Sundays when entry is free for all visitors, although there may be larger than usual crowds. You can book a guided tour of the museum in English or Spanish by prior appointment.
Other Museums in Monterrey
Monterrey may not have the stellar museum reputation of Mexico City, but the capital of Nuevo León still has plenty to offer curious visitors. Get your contemporary art fix at the MARCO (Museo de Arte Contemporáneo), learn about Monterrey’s iron and steel industry at the Museo del Acero Horno 3, or take an interactive look at science at Planetario Alfa in San Pedro Garza García.
- Things to do in South Padre Island
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in San Jose del Cabo
- Things to do in Texas
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery (Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma)
- Barrio Antiguo (Old Town)
- Mexican Baseball Hall of Fame (Salón de la Fama)
- Plaza Fiesta San Agustin
- State Museum of Popular Cultures (Museo Estatal de Culturas Populares)
- Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana)
- Garcia Caves (Grutas de Garcia)
- Glass Museum (Museo del Vidrio)