Though popular with tourists and locals alike, Cornwall is a less crowded Montego Bay beach that most, especially its well-known neighbor, Doctor’s Cave Beach. For a small admission fee, travelers have access to showers, bathrooms, and an on-site rental center with sun beds, umbrellas, snorkel gear, and lockers. Enjoy typical Jamaican dishes and burgers at the beach bar and restaurant.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Perfect for solo travelers, couples, and families.
- Guests staying at the Royal Decameron Montego Bay have free access to the beach.
- Otherwise, the admission fee is about $5 for adults, $3 for children.
- Occasionally Cornwall Beach hosts special beach parties featuring a buffet and live musical group.
- Check with your hotel concierge for event days.
How to Get There
Cornwall Beach is located at the Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel, along the Hip Strip of Gloucester Avenue. From the center of Montego Bay, it’s about a five-minute drive.
When to Get There
The beach and its facilities are open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Crowds depend on the season and the time of day; generally the peak times are afternoons during high-season winter months. If you want to rent a small hut, be sure to get there early, as they go fast.
Planning a Day Travelers who get antsy sunbathing should incorporate one of more of these nearby attractions into the itinerary:xa0the Bob Marley Performing Arts Center, a live venue attracting big names in music; the Gallery of West Indian Art, a showcase for Caribbean art specializing in artists from Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba; or Croydon in the Mountains, a stunning working plantation growing pineapples, citrus fruits, and coffee.
- Things to do in Lucea
- Things to do in Falmouth
- Things to do in Trelawny
- Things to do in Negril
- Things to do in Black River
- Things to do in Runaway Bay
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Hip Strip (Gloucester Avenue)
- Doctor's Cave Beach
- Aquasol Theme Park
- Margaritaville Montego Bay Restaurant & Bar
- Fort Montego
- Harbour Street Craft Market
- Sam Sharpe Square
- Club Mobay Departure Lounge
- Montego Bay Marine Park
- Ahhh...Ras Natango Gallery and Garden
- Montego Bay Cruise Port
- Rastafari Indigenous Village
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- Rose Hall Great House
- Greenwood Great House