Inside the shopping center, you’ll find high-end retailers such as Prada, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton, as well as some of the most historic cafés in Milan, including Biffi and Zucca’s Bar. Many tours combine a visit to the arcade with stops at landmarks such as the Milan Duomo, Castello Sforzesco, and Piazza Mercanti, while others include a skip-the-line ticket to view Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper. Alternatively, explore the area on foot, by bike, Segway, or historic tram.
Things to Know Before You Go
If you’re in it for the fashion, book a shopping-centric tour to explore the city’s stylish fashion district.
You'll find Milanese fare at restaurants and cafés throughout the galleria, as well as gelato shops on nearby Santa Margherita.
If you're staying in Florence, Rome, or Venice but want to visit Milan, book a full-day or multi-day trip to the city.
Most Milan city tours last about three hours.
The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is accessible for wheelchair users and those with strollers.
How To Get There
The southern entrance of the galleria is located off Piazza del Duomo, adjacent to the cathedral and its northern entrance off Piazza della Scala. Strolling through the galleria is a great way to get from the La Scala Opera House to Milan’s Duomo. The closest metro stop is for the Duomo, right in front of the galleria.
When to Get There
While most shops inside the galleria are open from 9am to 7:30pm, the galleria itself is open 24 hours. Check out all the Piazza Duomo attractions, including the galleria, after dark on an evening tour of Milan’s highlights that includes a beautiful view of the illuminated city from atop the Duomo.
The vast Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II can be overwhelming for first-time visitors, although it offers some of the best boutique, designer, and haute-couture shopping in the entire city. Don't miss the Biffi Caffè, one of the oldest in Milan; the Borsalino hat shop, a company that's been in operation since 1857; or the Prada and Versace stores—the latter brand was founded in Milan.
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Leonardo3 Museum
- La Scala Opera House (Teatro alla Scala)
- Piazza Mercanti
- Milan Duomo
- Fidenza Village
- Museo del Novecento
- Royal Palace of Milan (Palazzo Reale di Milano)
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum (Museo Poldi Pezzoli)
- Church of Santa Maria at San Satiro (Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro)
- Piazza Fontana
- Codex Atlanticus
- Ambrosiana Museum and Library (Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana)
- San Sepolcro Church (Chiesa di San Sepolcro)
- Via della Spiga
- Quadrilatero d'Oro
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers