Indian Museum Tours and Activities
Operated by the Salesian Sisters, an order of nuns with missions in the Upper Amazon region, the Indian Museum (Museu do Índio) displays a collection of weapons, musical instruments, ritual masks, ceramics, tools and ceremonial clothing from the indigenous tribes of the Amazon rainforest, mostly from the states of Amazonas and Pará.
Apart from touring the collection to learn more about the region’s tribes, the museum also offers visitors the chance to shop for authentic índio handicrafts, like necklaces and baskets made from natural materials, in the small gift shop.
Tours and Activities to Experience Indian Museum
No results found.How about something else?See all Manaus tours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Port of Manaus (Porto Flutuante)
- Museu do Índio
- Amazon Theatre (Teatro Amazonas)
- Meeting of Waters (Encontro das Aguas)
- Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa)
- Presidente Figueiredo Sanctuary Waterfall (Cachoeira Santuário)
- Amazon Natural Science Museum (Museo De Ciencias Naturais Da Amazonia)
- Indian Museum