Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa) Tours and Activities
The image of the art-nouveau cast-iron Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa) building is like a snapshot of the multiculturalism of Manaus as a whole. The building, inspired by Les Halles in Paris and constructed in 1882 during the Rubber Boom, is distinctly European, but when you step through the doors, there’s no mistaking you’re in the heart of the Brazilian Amazon.
As the city’s main market perched on the banks of the Rio Negro, vendors here sell a bit of everything, and for the visiting tourist, it’s a great place to sample exotic fruits, learn about traditional Amazonian medicines or shop for souvenirs, like leather goods and índio handcrafted items.
Tours and Activities to Experience Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa)
Frequently Asked Questions
- A taste of the Amazon, pink dolphins and much more! Small groups -10 guests max.
- Half-Day Manaus City Highlights Private Guided Tour
- Manaus City Sightseeing Tour
- Manaus City Tour
- Port of Manaus (Porto Flutuante)
- Museu do Índio
- Amazon Theatre (Teatro Amazonas)
- Meeting of Waters (Encontro das Aguas)
- Adolpho Lisboa Municipal Market (Mercado Adolpho Lisboa)
- Presidente Figueiredo Sanctuary Waterfall (Cachoeira Santuário)
- Amazon Natural Science Museum (Museo De Ciencias Naturais Da Amazonia)