Zuma Beach Tours and Activities
Zuma Beach’s wide, white ribbon of sand and long wave pipeline make it an enormously popular beach on weekends year-round and during school-free summer days. In the early mornings, especially on weekends, this is a great spot to watch both surfers and seabirds; during weekend days, it’s an ideal place to observe L.A. beach culture and fashions.
Zuma features a 2,000-some-odd-space parking lot for $8 a car, but street parking is available for free on Pacific Coast Highway. A lifeguard is on duty during the day, and you’ll find public restrooms, outdoor showers, and volleyball courts here.
A snack bar is often open right on the beach during warm weather. Just north of the beach on Pacific Coast Highway, there’s a Westward Ho Market suitable for stocking a picnic, and next door, a Starbucks. Westward Beach, at the southwest border of Zuma, is a 10-minute walk away and home to The Sunset Restaurant, Kristy’s Wood Oven & Wine Bar, and Lily’s Café & Pastries.
Each year in early September, Zuma hosts the Malibu Nautica Triathlon, a swim-bike-run benefit for Children's Hospital of LA. Competitors always include Hollywood celebrities and retired Olympic medalists, making this both a worthy cause and a fun day out for tourists.
Tours and Activities to Experience Zuma Beach
Questions & Answers
- Mountain to Beach Hiking: Private Adventure Tour
- Go Legendary Custom Outdoor Adventure [Private Tour]
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona