There are numerous ways to explore the Hollywood Hills. Many celebrity sighting tours will include a drive around the neighborhood, past the homes of the stars. Hiking is also a popular activity, whether to the Hollywood Sign, around Griffith Park or the Hollywood Reservoir, or in one of the many canyons in the area, such as Runyon Canyon. Horseback riding and cycling are also popular ways to get around. At night, check out the stars at Griffith Observatory, or catch a show or performance at The Ford or Hollywood Bowl. A tour of Hollywood Hills can easily be combined with a tour of other areas in Los Angeles, such as Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Santa Monica.
Recent reviews from experiences in Los Angeles
Things to know before you go
- The Hollywood Hills are ideal for nature lovers, photographers, and families with kids.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring water and sun protection if you plan to hike or explore one of the parks or canyons in the neighborhood.
- Hollywood Hills is mostly residential, so there are limited shops and restaurants around.
How to get there
Hollywood Hills is located in Los Angeles County, just north of Hollywood. Most people get around by driving, and Highway 101 cuts through the neighborhood. Traffic can be an issue. For a hassle-free experience, book a guided bus or bike tour.
When to get there
Hollywood Hills enjoys nice weather year-round, and can be visited at any time. Summer is the busiest time to visit and will see the most crowds.
A portion of Griffith Park is located within Hollywood Hills. Spanning 4,310 acres (1,744 hectares), it’s one of the largest parks in the country. There are numerous attractions within the park, including Griffith Observatory, the Hollywood Sign, the Los Angeles Zoo, the Travel Town Museum, and the Museum of the American West.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Runyon Canyon Park
- The Magic Castle
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- TCL Chinese Theatre
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood
- Dolby Theatre
- El Capitan Theatre
- Hollywood & Highland
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Hollywood
- Hollywood Museum
- Hollywood Wax Museum Los Angeles
- Egyptian Theatre
- Laugh Factory Hollywood