With 17 miles of coastline, San Diego is known for its scenic beaches. Everyone has their favorites, making it hard for visitors to choose. But if you’re a surfer, or just like to watch them in action, save time for a trip to Windansea Beach.
It’s one of the more crowded beaches, but for a good reason. Most locals agree it provides the area’s most consistent surfing conditions. It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, a guy or girl, surfing is a part of life in San Diego.
Underwater reefs help create the surf breaks that surfers enjoy here. Swimming is also allowed at the beach, but swimmers need to be careful. Windansea Beach is also known for its moderate to severe shore break. That means there can be hard breaking surf near the shoreline, so swimmers need to use caution when getting in or out of the water.
What's the best way to experience Windansea Beach?
- La Jolla Segway Tour
- SoCal Riviera Electric Bike Tour of La Jolla and Mount Soledad
- Cali Dreaming Electric Bike Tour of La Jolla and Pacific Beach
Things to do near La Jolla
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Ensenada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Arizona