Bergisel Ski Jump
Designed by acclaimed architect Zaha Hadid, the Bergisel Ski Jump features a 28,000-capacity stadium overlooking the ski-jump starting ramp, as well as a viewing terrace and restaurant at the top of the tower. Visitors can climb the 455 steps or ride the funicular to the top of the tower at 165 feet (50 meters) and enjoy the 360-degree panorama from the viewing platform.
Things to Know Before You Go
There is an admission fee for the Bergisel Ski Jump, which includes the funicular and access to the viewing platform.
Entrance is included with the Innsbruck Card, and the hop-on hop-off bus stops right outside.
The Panorama Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch, as well as drinks, snacks, and cakes throughout the day. There is also a gift shop.
The Bergisel Ski Jump is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Bergisel Ski Jump is located around 2 miles (3 kilometers) south of Innsbruck Old Town. Trams and hop-on hop-off buses run from the center, from where you can ride the funicular to the top of the tower.
When to Get There
The Bergisel Ski Jump is open daily from morning to evening between June and October, and daily except Tuesdays from late morning to late afternoon between November and May. The busiest time to visit is during the World Cup Four Hills Tournament in January, but it’s just as exciting to watch the athletes training during the summer months. A popular choice is to arrive around 10am to watch the skiers and enjoy breakfast at the Panorama Restaurant.
Winter and Summer Sports at Bergisel
The slopes at Bergisel have hosted Tyrolean ski-jumping competitions since 1927, as well as being a venue for two Olympic Winter Games. Today, the Bergisel Ski Jump hosts the annual Four Hills Tournament each January and a summer Grand Prix jumping event.
- Audioversum Science Center
- Maria Theresien Street (Maria-Theresien-Strasse)
- Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum (Tiroler Landesmuseum)
- Court Church (Hofkirche)
- Innsbruck City Tower (Stadtturm)
- Golden Roof (Goldenes Dachl)
- Imperial Palace (Hofburg)
- Hungerburg Railway (Hungerburgbahn)
- Ambras Castle (Schloss Ambras Innsbruck)
- Alpine Zoo Innsbruck (Alpenzoo Innsbruck)
- Hafelekar Mountain (Hafelekarspitze)
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds (Swarovski Kristallwelten)
- Tratzberg Castle (Schloss Tratzberg)