Vietnam War History Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
The Vietnam War—or the American War as it was known in Vietnam—remains one of the most significant events in Vietnamese history, and the region surrounding Ho Chi Minh City sat at the heart of the conflict. Learn more about the city’s war history on a guided tour with these options.
Uncover the history of Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon, on a city tour accompanied by a knowledgeable guide. See the Reunification Palace, the site of the liberation of Saigon in 1975, which brought an end to the bloody conflict; visit Notre Dame Cathedral and learn how it was used by spies during the war; and browse the moving exhibitions on display at the War Remnants Museum. For a more personalized experience, opt for a private or small-group tour.
Cu Chi Tunnels Tours
One of the most popular destinations for Vietnam War tours is the Cu Chi Tunnels—a 120-mile (193-kilometer) network of underground passages used by the Viet Cong soldiers. Visitors can venture underground to explore the vast tunnels, which served as living quarters, air raid shelters, ammunition stores, and military supply routes; see the camouflaged trap doors and booby traps; and learn more about the effect of the war on both the soldiers and the Vietnamese people from a guide’s knowledgeable perspective.
- Cruising the Mekong Delta
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppets
- 3-Days in Ho Chi Minh City: Suggested Itineraries
- Vietnam War Tours
- How to Spend 3 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- Food Lover's Guide to Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam War History Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong River Cruises from Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 2 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Water Puppet Shows in Ho Chi Minh City