Jungle Queen Riverboat Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
The dignified Jungle Queen Riverboats have plied Fort Lauderdale’s New River for more than 80 years. Passengers aboard the historic vessels enjoy sightseeing along the city’s riverfront as well as in the waterway’s tropical environment—complete with extraordinary plants, exotic birds, and resident alligators. Whether you opt for a daytime or evening cruise, all come with the crew’s signature hospitality and entertainment along the way.
The Jungle Queen Riverboat Company owns two boats and offers several tours. The daytime sightseeing cruises go up the New River, sailing past Millionaire’s Row, downtown Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, and the Intracoastal Waterway, and more. Some cruises include a stopover at the Jungle Queen Tropical Isle where passengers see an alligator show and other native wildlife. The evening dinner cruise heads up the New River as well, but also includes an island stopover for an all-you-can-eat dinner of barbecue ribs, chicken, and shrimp, and a variety show under the tropical foliage.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required, so make sure to book in advance.
- Choose between an evening dinner cruise (four hours) and shorter sightseeing cruises (90 minutes).
- For the dinner cruise, vegetarian meals are available upon request, but must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance.
- The boat and Tropical Isle are wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
All cruises depart from Bahia Mar Yachting Center, in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. Paid parking is available in the Bahia Mar Hotel lot or a public lot across from the Jungle Queen box office.
When to Get There
Jungle Queen cruises sail year-round, rain or shine, with the boats featuring covered tops. Boats begin boarding 45 minutes prior to departure.
Jungle Queen Throughout History
Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruises were started in 1935 as a few small boats that gave sightseeing tours through the "Venice of America" — Fort Lauderdale's historic New River. After WWII, a dinner cruise was incorporated and since 1958 the cruises have included a vaudeville-style variety show. Today Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruises are still run by the same family who took over in 1958.
Address: 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Jungle Queen Riverboat
No results found!
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island