Georgetown Loop Railroad Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
The Georgetown Loop Railroad is a narrow-gauge historic railroad that runs between Georgetown and Silver Plume, Colorado. One of the state’s first tourist attractions, the railroad takes passengers on a 4.5-mile (7-kilometer) ride through spectacular scenery in the rugged Rocky Mountains.
The Georgetown Loop Railroad travels Clear Creek Canyon and goes over trestles, steep grades, and bridges, including the Devil’s Gate High Bridge. Plan your visit on this 1884 railroad by purchasing tickets ahead of time, as weekend and holiday trains sell out quickly.
The railroad is part of the Georgetown Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park, and you can pair your train experience with a visit to the Lebanon Silver Mine, a 1870s mine shaft that descends 500 feet (152 meters).
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Georgetown Loop Railroad is ideal for families and train lovers.
- The train ride lasts one hour and 15 minutes.
- You can purchase a coach or parlor car ticket. Parlor cars are enclosed with tables and chairs, and tickets include a snack and nonalcoholic drink. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
- Coach cars are wheelchair accessible.
- There are no restrooms on the train, but there are restrooms at the station.
How to Get There
The Georgetown Devil’s Gate train station is located on Interstate 70, 45 miles (72 kilometers) west of Denver, Colorado. You may also choose to board the train at the Silver Plume station.
When to Get There
From May through September, the train makes three to four daily runs during the week and five trips each weekend day. Fall is a particularly beautiful time to visit, when the foliage is turning and autumn colors fill the canyon. November and December bring holiday-themed trips, especially popular with children.
Deep in the Lebanon Silver Mine
If you opt to visit the Lebanon Silver Mine, you’ll descend into a space that is 40°F (4°C) year-round. Be sure to wear warm clothes and closed-toed shoes inside the wet mine. You’ll see the silver veins of the mine shaft, which was first bored in the 1870s, as well as the miners’ calcified boot prints.
Address: 100 Mountain St., Silver Plume, Colorado 80476, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Georgetown Loop Railroad
No results found!
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri