Located in the south of France by the Loup River, the beautifully preserved village of Gourdon looks all the way out to the Cote d’Azur from its mountaintop peak. A place of refuge and defense during medieval times, the feudal village is surrounded by thick ramparts and has only one entrance, the Roman Gate, which leads onto Gourdon’s medieval stone house-lined main street, rue de Major. Here, look out for Maison d’Anglars at No. 17, which dates back to the 13th century.
Chateau de Gourdon, a historic monument since 1971, is a popular spot in Gourdon. The castle’s 17th-century gardens were designed by André Le Nôtre, who was also responsible for the Palace of Versailles’ famous gardens. At the top of the village sits a beautiful square revealing the huge church of St Pierre. For a perfect view of Gourdon’s golden-stoned ramparts, make sure to stop at the lookout point right before you enter the village.
Tours and tickets to Experience Gourdon
Should I book Gourdon tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Gourdon 2021?
What's the best way to experience Gourdon?
- Antibes, St. Paul-de-Vence, St. Jeannet, and Gourdon Private Tour from Cannes
- Private excursion from Cannes in Citroen Mehari to Grasse
- Provence Countryside Tour: Grasse / Gourdon / Tourettes sur Loup / St Paul de Vence
- Visit Provence and the capital of the world perfumery Grasse
Things to do near Cannes
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Antibes
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
- Things to do in Monaco-Ville
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria