Gorges du Loup
Forty-five minutes from Antibes in France’s Alpes-Maritimes region, the scenic drive along the Gorges du Loup takes visitors up close to the Loup River (pronounced “Lou”) as it follows the deep canyon out to the Mediterranean Sea at Bouches-du-Loup. Cutting through the hills at the foot of medieval Gourdon village, the Gorges du Loup road is full of beautiful twists and carved-out tunnels.
Two and a half miles (4 km) into the narrowing gorge, keep an eye out for Cascade de Courmes. For a small fee, you can park your car and walk down the steps to the terrace, where the free-falling cascade descends 130 feet (40 meters) below. There are two other waterfalls to be visited at Gorges du Loup: Saut du Loup and Cascades des Demoiselles.
At the mouth of the canyon, the riverside village of Pont du Loup is a pretty spot to stop for a wander. And not far from the gorge, Tourrettes sur Loup is another popular village stop, famous for its thriving artists’ community and hiking trails around the town.
At Gorges du Loop, visitors can go rock climbing, bungee jumping, hiking and biking—or just enjoy the beautiful view and riverside drive.
Tours and tickets to Experience Gorges du Loup
Should I book Gorges du Loup tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Gorges du Loup 2021?
What's the best way to experience Gorges du Loup?
- Provence Countryside Small-Group Day Trip from Cannes
- Private Day Trip : Provence Countryside by Minivan from Cannes
- Provence Countryside Tour: Inland Day Trip from Cannes (Grasse,St Paul de Vence)
Things to do near Cannes
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Antibes
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
- Things to do in Monaco-Ville
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria