Fort du Mont Alban
For visitors to Nice, a stroll up to the top of Castle Hill offers extraordinary views of the city from the Old Town straight on to the airport. And with such beautiful weather being the norm, getting a bird's eye view of the Cote d'Azur can be addictive! For those who want to see even more from up high, Fort du Mont Alban is a must.
Built in the mid-1500s for military defense, Fort du Mont Alban is located close to Nice in Mont Boron Park, just outside of Col-de-Villefranche. Although it suffered some damage in WWII, the fort is in excellent condition and was declared a national monument in the early 20th century.
While tours of the fort are available only by appointment, the grounds are open to the public and free to enter. From the top there are sweeping views from Italy to Antibes – and after a rain, when the skies are clear, those with binoculars can even see Corsica!
Tours and tickets to Experience Fort du Mont Alban
Should I book Fort du Mont Alban tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Fort du Mont Alban 2021?
What's the best way to experience Fort du Mont Alban?
- Shore Excursion from Port of French Riviera
- Cannes Shore Excursion: French Riviera Private Tour of Nice - Eze - Monaco - Monte Carlo
- Full-Day Private Antibes, Eze, and Monte Carlo Tour from Cannes
Things to do near Cannes
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Antibes
- Things to do in Fréjus Saint-Raphaël
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Beaulieu-sur-Mer
- Things to do in Monaco-Ville
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in St-Tropez
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria