As one of Cambridge’s architectural icons, Kings College Chapel is a staple of sightseeing tours. Admire the landmark from the water during a punting tour on the Cam River; explore the chapel at your own pace during a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour; get a more intimate glimpse into Cambridge’s historic center on a walking tour; or focus your attention primarily on the world-famous education institution on a tour of Cambridge University.
Recent reviews from experiences in Cambridge
Things to know before you go
- The chapel and surrounding grounds are accessible to travelers in wheelchairs and with strollers. The main church entrance is not accessible.
- As the church is a functioning place of worship, wear modest clothing that covers the shoulders and knees.
- The church is accessible via a paid entry ticket; children under 11 visit for free. There’s also a gift shop on-site.
- Photography, without flash, is permitted inside the church.
How to get there
Kings College Chapel is famous for the prestigious choir that uses the church as its base. To catch a performance, visit the church for Evensong at 5:30pm from Monday-Saturday, or at 10:30am or 3:30pm on a Sunday.
When to get there
Kings College Chapel is located on King’s Parade in the historic center of Cambridge. From Cambridge train station, it takes around 35 minutes to walk to the church, or you can take the bus and disembark at Drummer Street Bus Station, which is 10 minutes on foot from the church.
Cambridge Market Square
Just a few minutes from Kings College Chapel, you’ll find Cambridge Market Square, which comes to life throughout the week with markets. Stalls sell everything from books and jewelry to garden plans and second-hand bikes. On a Sunday, a different market offers up artisan produce from the surrounding farms plus local arts and crafts.
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire