Performances are held nightly at the Wintergarten Berlin, with a wide range of options available—recent shows have included Let's Twist Again! Rockabilly Hits & Acrobatics, Woodstock Variety Show, and Firebirds Burlesque. Check the listings for upcoming events and choose from a variety of ticket options, including a pre-show dinner or drinks package, and a choice of auditorium or balcony seats. Booking tickets in advance is highly recommended.
Things to Know Before You Go
Both the restaurant and bistro at the Wintergarten are open to non-ticket holders.
Drinks and snacks are available to purchase before the show and during intermission.
Wheelchair accessible seats must be booked in advance.
How to Get There
The Wintergarten Varieté is located on Potsdamer Strasse, about a 15-minute walk south of Potsdamer Platz. The closest U-Bahn station is Kurfürstenstrasse (U1 and U3 lines), two blocks south of the venue.
When to Get There
Performances at Wintergarten Varieté are held nightly, although the schedule changes week to week. The box office is open Monday through Saturday, afternoons only, while most evening shows start at 8pm.
History of the Wintergarten Varieté
Berlin’s Wintergarten Varieté made history in 1895 when it hosted the Skladanowsky brothers’ first-ever short movie showing—in effect, becoming the world’s first movie theater. The variety theater continued its popularity into the early 20th century, hosting big names such as Claire Waldoff and Otto Reutter. The Wintergarten’s reign came to an abrupt end in 1944, when it was destroyed by WWII bombing. It wasn't until September 1992 that the venue was rebuilt and reopened to the public.
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Frankfurt
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Schwules Museum (Gay Museum)
- German-Russian Museum Berlin-Karlshorst
- MACHmit! Museum for Children (Kindermuseum MachtMit)
- New National Gallery (Neue Nationalgalerie)
- Museum of Decorative Arts (Kunstgewerbemuseum)
- Gemälde Gallery (Gemaeldegalerie)
- Art Library (Kunstbibliothek)
- Potsdamer Platz
- Bauhaus Archive Museum of Design (Bauhaus-Archiv Museum für Gestaltung)
- Berlin Philharmonic Hall (Berliner Philharmonie)
- German Museum of Technology (Deutsches Technikmuseum)
- Berlin Musical Instrument Museum (Musikinstrumenten-Museum)
- Legoland Discovery Centre Berlin