Shows at the Chamäleonchange each season, with two main revues each year. The spectacular performances typically feature contemporary circus—“Cirque Nouveau”—acts, and circus companies and choreographers from all around the world have performed at the legendary theater. Guests can choose between theater hall and balcony seats.
Things to Know Before You Go
Anyone that enjoys contemporary performances should make it a point to attend a show at the ChamäleonTheater.
Prices vary, depending on the performance.
A selection of food and drinks are served at the theater bar before the show and during intermission.
The theater has limited wheelchair-accessible seating, which must be booked in advance.
How to Get There
The ChamäleonTheater is on Rosenthaler Straße in Berlin’s Mitte neighborhood. The closest U-Bahn station is Weinmeisterstrasse (U8) and S-Bahn station is Hackescher Markt (S3, S5, S7, and S75).
When to Get There
The theater is open for shows every day except Monday. Most evening performances start around 8pm, and there are both matinee and evening performances on Saturday. The box office is open Monday 11am to 6pm, Thursday and Friday 11am to 8pm, Saturday 11am to 9:30pm, and Sunday 12pm to 6pm.
Entertainment in Berlin's Mitte District
Not only is the Mitte District home to some of Berlin’s most important historic sites, but it's also the center of the capital’s nightlife and cultural scene. Some of Berlin’s most prestigious cultural venues can be found here, including the Deutsches Theater, Philharmonic Hall, Berlin Ensemble, and Friedrichstadt-Palast. Festivals including the Berlinale International Film Festival, the Classic Open Air in Gendarmenmarkt, and the Citadel Music Festival in Spandau are also held in Mitte.
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Otto Weidt Museum (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)
- Hackesche Höfe
- Anne Frank Centre (Anne Frank Zentrum)
- Museum of Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)
- Hackescher Markt
- Old Jewish Cemetery (Alter Jüdischer Friedhof)
- Missing House
- Berlin Dungeon
- Old National Gallery (Alte Nationalgalerie)
- AquaDom & SEA LIFE® Berlin
- Pergamon Museum (Pergamonmuseum)
- New Synagogue
- Museum Island (Museumsinsel)
- DDR Museum
- Neues Museum (New Museum)