Top Bayeux Cultural Tours
38 results | All Bayeux Tours
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic and treated with reverance and respect for the lives lost in the fighting. We saw sights which were historically important and awe inspiring. Our tour guide, Tom, shared plenty of fascinating information and data about the events but also passionately portrayed a compelling story of the history of the war. Would recommend very highly!"
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Can not say more about this tour! Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave everyone ample time to see the sites. Definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Great tour and very good and knowledgable guide. Very moving. Did a lot in 8 hours. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "Amazing. It hit each of our must sees as we did not have much time in Normandy. Charles was great and very knowledgeable. Made us want to book a full day!"
* A traveler said: "Omaha beach and the American cemetery will be most memorable. So reflective and moving. Our tour guide Thierry with Overlord Tour, was amazing! Very knowledgeable and personable. Learned a lot and enjoyed the whole tour!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great day on this private tour. Our guide was very accommodating, especially since several in our party of four had mobility issues. She did a great job of taking us around Honfleur and it was great to see the country side in the area and especially the little town we visited in Pays d'Auge. Thanks for making it a great day for us."
* A traveler said: "Allain was our guide and did a terrific job! Traffic was insane as it was the 75th anniversary of D Day, he still managed to do a terrific job. Offering a discount on a future tour because of unexpected issues from extra security was a nice touch but not necessary"
* A traveler said: "Romain is an amazing tour guide. We learned so much and saw the high points during the day. We couldn’t have asked for a better tour and guide. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Marvellous, brilliant guide. So glad we went on it, much better than just driving ourselves about and missing half of what we saw."
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide who was extremely knowledgable about the area and history. Such fun being in this Gold Beach Adventures vehicle!"
* A traveler said: "There’s no better way to try to capture a glimpse of what 1940’s Normandy was like than to ride thru the streets and hedgerows of Normandy’s liberated towns in a vintage Jeep Willy. With the overcast and drizzle/rain, it was humbling to imagine what the soldiers endured. Our guide, Eric, was informative and told us poignant historical details as we traveled from one location to another. As a passionate WWII buff, he shared locations that were not the typical D-Day tour locations and were only accessible by the Jeep. If you are looking for something more in-depth and off the beaten path, then this tour is for you."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip! Giverny was just unbelievable. We have seen many pictures of the place however seeing it in real life was different. Our guide, Mat, made the trip wonderful for us. He was very knowledgable and pleasant. Rouen is a medieval town. We really enjoyed visiting this town too."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bayeux Tapestry (Tapisserie de Bayeux)
- Mulberry Harbour
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Bayeux Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux)
- Lace Conservatory (Conservatoire de la Dentelle)
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Baron Gérard Museum of Art and History (MAHB)
- Ardenne Abbey (Abbey d'Ardenne)
- Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy (Musée Mémorial de la Bataille de Normandie)
- Sword Beach
- Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (Musée Mémorial d’Omaha Beach)
- Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery
- Brittany (Bretagne)