Top Amsterdam Half-day Tours
296 results | All Amsterdam Tours
* A traveler said: "Loved this tour! Just the right amount of time. Our tour guide, Rae, was wonderful and the tour was limited to 8 people so it was really like a semi-private tour. Highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "The tour is well organized. It was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam for the day. The village is beautiful and the demonstrations are very informative."
* A traveler said: "Sean was an amazing guide. He’s extremely knowledgeable but made the entire tour fun and relaxing. Highly recommend this tour for anybody interested in the history and anecdotes of Amsterdam"
* A traveler said: "Very informative tour and he speaks very good and easy to understand English. He is very friendly and knowledgeable."
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour, very knowledgeable was Juliette. Would highly recommend this tour especially with her"
* A traveler said: "Paul was a great guide with a great sense of humour. Lots of information and saw so many great sights. Learned a lot about the city of Amsterdam"
* A traveler said: "Easy to find meeting place. Just on the other side of Centraal Station via free ferry. Rep was very courteous and helpful. Short bus ride to Windmill Village. Awesome demo of making wooden shoes. The lady was very knowledgeable about Gouda cheese.and the cheese shop was awesome. We only went inside the free spice Windmill with the wheels for stone grinding. Nice gift shops on property and we had adequate free time to walk around. Our guide was very informative. Good value."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic day today walking and eating with Thijs! Thijs navigated us through the beautiful neighborhood of Jordan where he shared a deep understanding of the local food scene and history. Be sure to go hungry. The food served was all local, diverse, and high quality. The shop owners were friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Its very cool, good moments, and learn i recommand this for learn history of Amsterdam and see à beautiful vew."
* A traveler said: "Sebastian was awesome!! Really nice guy and super knowledgeable about the city. He really took the time to show us Amsterdam in a personal and informative way. It's the smaller detailed things you learn with a knowledgeable guide that makes all the difference in the world. I've been to Amsterdam before but he had me see it in a brand new light and helped my wife really appreciate the city for her first visit. Can't say enough about what a great tour it was. Defiantly ask for Sebastian if you do one of these private bike tours."
* A traveler said: "Arthur was our guide. He was passionate and knowledgeable about the subject. He was engaging with our group. The point of this tour was education and we felt the emotional impact. We went with our two adult children. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Tour was great. Mathias was a great guide for taking us around the city. Very informative and learnt a lot about the culture and history of Amsterdam and how it has become what it is today. Would defiantly recommend."
* A traveler said: "My husband and I really enjoyed our bike trip with Sevv across the Netherlands countryside! Beautiful sights and delicious cheese. We are not expert bikers by any means and we found it very doable."
* A traveler said: "Good sightseeing. Excellent commentary from Skipper Gus and Host Jay. Lots of fun. The weather was perfect and we really appreciated the extra time on the boat."
* A traveler said: "We had s great time yesterday. The tour guide and bus driver made it special. Enjoyed the quaint towns and the various demonstrations on wooden shoes cheese making and of course stroopeafels."
* A traveler said: "Very nice tour. A lot of details that you would not observe without a tour and just the bike ride alone is worth it."
* A traveler said: "Seeing the city from a different perspective was worth the trip by itself. It also provided an audio description with the provided headphones."
* A traveler said: "Our tour was really fun. The time flew by! The food was a great offering and all was tasty. The BEST part though was the history lesson, the stories, and our guide so full of character."
* A traveler said: "This was a nice relaxing trip around Amsterdam! The audio was very good and provided a lot of details. Highly recommended. Also I noticed a family take their lunch aboard another boat to enjoy, wished I had thought of that. Lastly, the boat Captain was extremely skilled in maneuvering the boat, it was remarkable at times."
* A traveler said: "This was a great tour! Enjoyed the guides (both had a great sense of humor) and the wine and cheese.🙂"
* A traveler said: "Was such a great experience, the staff managed to give us a good time even when there was a pandemic going around and it was only me my friend and two other girls. Well worth it! Gave us free ice glass cube trays and a bucket, and drink was well served."
* A traveler said: "Martin was our guide and to say the least, he was very good at his job. He knows EVERYTHING about sex and drugs and was eager to share. He had a good sense of humor and his jokes were good. We learned alot about the politics, health care, benefits, and exactly how the free drugs and legal sex works. Very fascinating."
* A traveler said: "A great way to spend a few hours. The Heineken experience was great learning about the history of the brewery. Samples were a bonus as well. The canal cruise was a little more than an hour and was a great way to see the city and relax."
* A traveler said: "Helena’s knowledge of Amsterdam and overall culture of Amsterdam was outstanding. She showed us both the expected and truly unexpected of Amsterdam with humor and a good pleasant nature. Well worth the time with her."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Diamond Museum Amsterdam
- Houseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)
- Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug)
- Red Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)
- Amstel River
- Dam Square
- Museum of Bags and Purses
- Waterlooplein Market
- A’dam Lookout
- Pathé Tuschinski Theater
- NEMO Science Museum
- Venustempel Sex Museum
- Rembrandt Square (Rembrandtplein)
- Descartes' House (Maison Descartes)
- Inner Court & Hall of Knights (Binnenhof & Ridderzaal)
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
Day Trips from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens
- Amsterdam to Brussels
- Amsterdam to Antwerp
- Amsterdam to Rotterdam
- Amsterdam to Bruges
- Amsterdam to The Hague
- Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans
- Amsterdam to Zaandam
- Amsterdam to Ghent
- Amsterdam to Eindhoven
- Amsterdam to Hoorn
- Amsterdam to Alkmaar
- Amsterdam to Leeuwarden
- Amsterdam to Arnhem